28. Assessment of the child: Functional Health pattern Analysis Worksheet
This coursework will be exploring actual and potential health problems in the childhood years using a functional health assessment and Erickson’s Stages of Child Development. To complete this coursework, do the following:
1. Use the uploaded grading rubric to successfully complete the coursework put into consideration column (5) with the highest grade.
2. Using the textbook (Jarvis, C. (2015). Physical Examination and Health Assessment), complete the uploaded worksheet "Children’s Functional Health Pattern Assessment."
3. Address the following based on the above assessment findings. Expected answers will be 1-2 paragraphs in length. Cite and reference outside sources used:
a) Compare and contrast identified similarities as well as differences in expected assessment across the childhood age groups.
b) Summarize how a nurse would handle physical assessments, examinations, education, and communication differently with children versus adults. Consider spirituality and cultural differences in your answer.
4. Cite and reference any outside sources used in your answers. Include in your assessment a thorough discussion of Erickson’s Stages of Child Development as it pertains to the development age of the child.
5. While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA 6th edition.