It should be between 200 and 300 words – Must cover/include the following topics:It should be between 200 and 300 words – Must cover/include the following topics:
• Discuss reasons for wishing to attend the academyo Love for the water o Passion for engineering and engineering designo Heart and desire to serve my country
• Discuss your curriculum preference at USMMAo The Marine Engineering Systems program will be the perfect fit for meo focuses on marine engineering design. o I have always been curious to know how things function and I am always taking things apart to see how the work.
• Discuss the development of your career interest as a result of (hobbies, high school classes, activities) o Calculus I and II and Physics have been my favorite classeso My hobbies include: boating, fishing and surfing as well as working on cars and engines. I also do some welding.
• Explain any sailing experience, seaman’s experience and/or military experienceo Fishing and navigating the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean on a regular basis.o Visiting and assisting at the Virginia Pilot Association located in my neighborhood.
• State your understanding and willingness to accept the service obligation upon graduationo I understand that upon graduation I will be required to perform five years of MARAD-approved service/employment and maintain my USCG MMC for six years. As well as maintain my reserve commission for eight years and submit annual reports to document this service.