Review “Starbucks: Building Relationships With Coffee Growers.”
Begin working on an essay (1,250-1,500 words). Address the following questions/instructions:
1. Provide examples from the video to show how Starbucks has used each of the following types of plans: strategic, tactical, and operational plans.
2. If you were advising Dub Hay on directions for the business over the next 5 years, identify one strategic plan you would suggest and explain why?
3. How would you describe the organizational structure and culture of Starbucks? For example, which type of organizational structure and what type of culture is evident in Starbucks and why? Make sure that you consider the evidence from the video.
4. Which design type—mechanistic or organic—best fits Starbucks and why?
5. Is Starbucks a servant leader in its industry? Justify your response.
6. Managers use different types of control (found in lecture and textbook and the Merchant article "The Control Function of Management). Identify and explain how Starbucks employs any 5 relevant types of control. Provide evidence from the case to support your answer.
7. Using evidence from the video, explain how Starbucks goes through the four steps of the control process and the planning-control cycle.
Prepare this assignment according to the GCU guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Do not exceed the word limit. For full credit, make sure that your Turnitin Similarity Index does not exceed 15%.
Use at least four academic references. Academic references include the textbook, the readings, or any article from the GCU Library. You may use information found online, but online encyclopedias (e.g., Wikipedia) and blogs do not count as academic references.