Please answer each of the following questions and cite sources as needed.
This assignment is to be submitted in Blackboard
I. Please review the following sections of the National Center for Cultural Competence then answer questions # 1-6):
Infusing Cultural and Linguistic Competence into Health Promotion Training – Video
Chapter 1: Introduction (2:32)
Chapter 2: Rationale for Cultural & Linguistic Competence (10:01)
Chapter 3: Framework for Cultural & Linguistic Competence (14:53) Part 1 & 2
Chapter 4: Applying Cultural & Linguistic Competence (6:21)
Chapter 5: Health Belief Model (22 min)
1. Provide 2 different definitions of cultural competence (besides that which is stated in these videos) and cite sources.
Then, define cultural competence in your own words. (10 points)
2. Identify and describe the importance of 4 of the 6 rationales for cultural competence in primary care. Provide an example
for each rationale that you select. (10 points)
3. Define acculturation. How does it relate to cultural competence? (10 points)
4. Define cultural blindness and provide an example either from your experience or someone else’s. (10 points)
5. Describe the “Iceberg Concept of Culture.” (5 points)
6. Explain the concepts of the Health Belief Model and give an example of how you might apply it to a patient care encounter.
II. Next review the following video on cultural humility and answer the questions listed below (# 7 – 11).
Cultural Humility (29 minutes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaSHLbS1V4w
7. List and define the tenets the of cultural humility. (10points)
8. How would you define cultural humility? (5 points)
9. How might cultural humility be applicable to your practice as an advanced practice registered nurse? (10 points)
10. Compare and contrast cultural competence and cultural humility. (10 points)
11. What struck you the most about the cultural humility video? (5 points)