NO ADDITIONAL RESOURCES. Please read my Zucchini Bread Recipe then answer 5 questions below.
ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
Serves 12 Preschoolers
1. 3 cups all-purpose flour
2. ½ teaspoon salt
3. 1 teaspoon baking soda
4. ½ teaspoon baking powder
5. 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
6. 3 eggs
7. 1 cup vegetable oil
8. 11/2 cups sugar
9. 2 cups grated zucchini
10. 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Grease and flour 4 small loaf pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Sift together in a bowl and set aside: flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool, slice and ENJOY!
1. Which age group it is appropriate for & number of children is serves?
2. What makes your recipe nutritious? Think about the amounts of fat & sugar v. wholesome natural ingredients.
3. Be sure to tell the two (2) food groups that make this snack legal in a California licensed center!
4. What are the elements of learning for the child in the process of making the snack? Include at least 2 ideas for each domain of development:
(a.) Fine motor skill (use of hands & fingers)
(b.) Cognitive (math, science & reading concepts)
(c.) Language (related to a story/new words to learn/listening to directions)
(d.) Social (interaction with others)
5. What would the total cost be for this snack to be served to your one class of children?