* The focus of this assignment is to engage with the different ways we interact with music in our lives as presented by the Music
and the Brain webpage on the Library of Congress’s webpage: http://www.loc.gov/podcasts/musicandthebrain/index.html. As there are
many podcasts available via the Library of Congress, it is suggested that you take the time to listen to one or two that might
interest you before beginning the written portion of the assignment.
* The written portion of this assignment should include the following:
* A one-paragraph summary of the podcast, which includes the presenter’s purpose and enough pertinent information to help a reader
understand what was discussed and/or presented.
* Information that gives the reader an understanding why you chose this particular podcast.
* Questions this podcast raised for you about how people experience music.
* A response that demonstrates how your understanding of music has been enriched by the information as presented. Inclusion of
detail is expected rather than broad generalities.
* An introductory paragraph as well as a written conclusion.
* The written reflection/response should be between 800 and 1000 words.
* While the reflection is meant to be personal, it is understood that conventions of good writing (e.g., correct grammar, spelling,
punctuation, clear communication of ideas) should be observed throughout this project. Additionally, APA, Turabian, and MLA
writing styles are appropriate for this assignment; please cite the podcast you are writing about as a footnote, endnote, or in-
text citation with a works referenced section at the end.
Title: Music and Grief
Speaker: Kay Redfield Jamison