1. Module 2 Discussion Questions
• Pick one of your traits and explain the influences that both nature and nurture have on it. For example, if you have a short temper, explain its origins in your genetics, your culture, and your childhood experiences.
2. Module 3 Discussion Questions
Programs like Head Start aimed at providing cognitive enrichment for children growing up in impoverished areas are focused on children ages 3-5. The newer works on brain development, however, suggest that this may be too late. Do you think enrichment programs for infants would make more sense? Are such programs likely to be socially acceptable or practically feasible?
3. Module 4 Discussion Questions
Is it possible to overemphasize the importance of secure attachment? Why or why not? Consider this video when formulating your response: : Trauma, Brain & Relationship: Helping Children Heal (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
4. Trauma, Brain & Relationship: Helping Children Heal The Post Institute
5. Module 5 Discussion Question
Given the degree of variability, discuss your position in regards to whether it makes sense to select children for special classes for the gifted on the basis of a single test score? How else could you go about it?