105. Individual Assignment
Using appropriate criteria and supporting evidence to justify your choice, identify the two organisations that you perceive to be the leader and laggard from the following list of banks:
Standard Chartered Group.
(b) Analyse the corporate strategy that has been followed by the leader organisation in the last five years, using your preferred framework to support the analysis.
(c) Evaluate the corporate strategy that has been followed by the leader organisation in the last five years, drawing on independent, external views to support your judgments.
• In part (a), you should carefully select and justify three complementary criteria that are appropriate to measure and compare banks. Such criteria may, for example, relate to profitability, risk, efficiency, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and brand value.
• Word limit: 2500 words. Adding on the 10% leeway allowed by the university, this means that you can go up to a maximum of 2750 words. Any words in excess of 2750 will not be assessed.
• The word limit does not include references, your bibliography or any appendices.
• Please do not include your name in a header or footer.
• Please see your assessment diary for the hand-in deadline. Your coursework should be handed in by 3.30pm at the Undergraduate Reception / SHIP.
• A ‘final copy’ electronic version of your assignment should also be submitted prior to the deadline via Turnitin. If this is not done your assignment will be deemed as being late.
• Please see the following grid for the marking criteria and weighting. This grid will form the basis of the feedback that you receive for your work.
• Please see Blackboard for the general feedback that we gave to last year’s students on a similar assessment task. Hopefully, this will help you to avoid repeating the same errors and omissions.