The disadvantage of Foster Parents not Understanding the Foster child’s perspective relating to mental health and aggressive behaviors of adolescent males.
In your search, locate at least four empirical research journal articles related to your topic and questions. Try to identify empirical research articles, based on different designs (quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods design), though if that is not possible, just find empirical articles. [See APA, p. 10 for brief definitions of empirical articles, also defined in Creswell (2009), p. 4, and Fink (2010)].
Include in your introductory paragraph your purpose for writing this paper; this can be a simple statement of your strategies for this database search.
For example, a sample purpose statement for this assignment might look like this:
The purpose of this assignment is to describe the strategies used to navigate the databases, discuss the findings of the search process concluding with an identification of four relevant sources related to the initial research question.
Include a mapping statement following the purpose statement that briefly lists the key points sequentially of how you intend to organize the body of your paper. You can use the elements outlined in the assignment grading criteria as a guideline to create your mapping statement.
This paper will discuss the online library databases that were used and search strategies using Boolean connectors with the keywords that met with the best results. Results of the Proquest Digital Dissertations and Thesis database search will also be discussed, concluding with the identification of four scholarly articles that relate specifically to the previous questions.
Following the mapping statement, structure the remaining paper around the elements listed in the grading criteria below. It is important that you address all elements of the grading criteria.
Using the grading criteria elements to organize the content will help in structuring the paper logically and ensure completeness of your submissions.
1. Stated a minimum of one relational research question and used the key words from the variables in the research question.
2. Discussed additional key words obtained from the thesaurus related to your variables in your research questions.
3. Named two databases and explained clearly your reason for choosing the two databases and described what you learned from one database tutorial.
4. Explained Boolean logic, and illustrated using this logic with a specific example related to your research topic and question,
5. Examined the Proquest Digital Dissertations and Thesesrelated to your research topic and question and clearly explained the results.
6. In the final paragraph, identified four journal empirical research articles related to your research topic and question. Introduced each source in the author (date) format, and explained briefly (not more than 2-3 sentences/article) their relevance to the proposed research questions. Included the type of article selected (quantitative, qualitative, mixed-method).
7. Created a Reference page and listed the four articles in accurate and complete APA format. (Include titles of articles only on the reference page, not in the text) Displayed accurate grammar, spelling, punctuation, and APA Style.