Company Profile Project
Introduction to Business in a Market Economy
Create a Company Profile paper or presentation on a company that is of interest to you and your career goals. It might be a company where you are currently employed or where a friend or family member works. Or it might be a company you admire or where you buy products.
Your Company Profile Project should thoroughly examine the following areas and comprise the following, depending on whether you prepare a paper or presentation:
- For a Paper: At least 5 full pages of content
- For a Presentation: At least 10-12 slides of content
Provide a separate title and final References page/slide. Also, be sure to incorporate appropriate text as well as charts and graphics into your paper or presentation.
Be sure to include in-text reference citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA or MLA format and style in your report. In addition to your textbook, you should include at least 3 additional quality reference sources for a total of not less than 4 references.
- Company Overview
- Location (address) of company headquarters
- Brief (no more than 1slide) history of the company
- Mission or Vision statement
- Company statistics (# of employees, locations, etc.)
- Industry Overview
- What industry does the company operate in?
- Who are the firm’s major competitors (top 3)?
- Marketing Overview and the 4 P’s
- Description of the target market
- Key products and/or service lines
- Pricing strategies
- Distribution issues, if applicable
- Promotional strategies (advertising, personal selling, word-of-mouth, etc.)
- Financial data over the past three-to-five years (e.g. 2010-2015)
- Comment on the company’s profitability over the past 3-5 years. Is the company profitable? E.g. are its revenues greater than expenses?
- International Operations, if applicable
- Current international operations outside the U.S. (specify countries and products)
- Intended growth/expansion into new global markets (specify which ones)
- Review of key management personnel
- Brief profile of founder(s) and current CEO/President
- Identify other key officers within the company (i.e. CFO, COO, CTO, etc.)
- SWOT analysis
- What are the company’s internal strengths and weaknesses?
- What are its external opportunities and threats? E.g. political, economic, social, global, technological
- Your assessment and future predictions
- Where will the company be in 3-5 years in terms of size and scope of operations, markets served, competitive position, etc?
- Based on your research, what are 2-3 critical success factors (CSFs) that your firm needs to pay attention to going into the future?
Company Profile Project Rubric – ECN 1015
|Critical Thinking & Content:
Up to 20 points
|*Content is comprehensive and accurate *All information is included and critically examined *Excellent synthesis and analysis of data *Content and purpose of the analysis are clear *Examines cause and effect (18 to 20 points)||*Content is accurate *One topic requirement not met nor critically examined *Synthesis and analysis of data are adequate *Content and purpose of the analysis are reasonably clear *Some examination of cause and effect (15 to 17.9 points)||*Content is not comprehensive and may be inaccurate *At least two topic requirements not met *Synthesis and analysis of data are inadequate *Content and purpose of the analysis is inconsistent *Little to no examination of cause and effect (13 to 14.9 points)||*Content is incomplete and/or inaccurate
*There is no synthesis or analysis of data *Content is lacking or inconsistent *No examination of cause and effect (1 to 12.9 points)
|Information Literacy & Project Organization:
Up to 20 points
|*Locates and incorporates reliable, discipline-specific information from a variety of sources *Analyzes quality, accuracy, authority and timeliness of resource *Project is structured so that it is clear and easy to follow, well organized, and has a logical flow *Project follows guidelines, is in-depth, and of the length as described for the assignment (18 to 20 points)||*Locates and incorporates quality
information, demonstrating an ability to search to find relevant sources *Analyzes quality, accuracy,
authority and timeliness of resource
*Project structure is mostly clear and easy to follow *Project follows guidelines and is of the appropriate length as described for the assignment (15 to 17.9 points)
information on a topic using limited and similar sources *Minimal analysis of quality, accuracy, authority, and timeliness of resources *Project structure is not easy to follow *Project follows most guidelines *Project is over/under the appropriate length as described for the assignment (13 to 14.9 points)
|*Minimally successful at locating and incorporating needed information *Shows minimal evaluation of resources *Organization and structure detract from the project *Project lacks many elements and is inadequate/excessive in length (1 to 12.9 points)|
|Presentation of Information:
Up to 10 points
|*Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed *Spelling is correct *Language is clear and precise *APA or MLA formatting is used in-text and in a final References section (9 to 10 points)||*Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed with minor errors * Spelling is correct *APA or MLA formatting is used for reference sources in-text and in a final References section with minor errors (7 to 8.9 points)||*Presentation contains few grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors
*Language lacks clarity *Problems with APA or MLA formatting of reference sources in-text and in a final References section (4 to 6.9 points)
|*Presentation contains numerous grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors *No APA or MLA formatting is used to denote references (1 to 3.9 points)|